Pocahontas County is Natures Mountain Playground. The County boasts thousands of wild and wonderful national forest acres, it is the birthplace of 8 pristine trout rivers, 8 state parks & forest, the Greenbrier river trail, and Snowshoe Mountain Resort, just to name a few of the local attractions.
- Mountain bike & hike the 100’s of trail miles throughout the county in the Monongahela National Forest
- Ski & shop at Snowshoe Mountain Resort
- Sightsee upon motorcycle or via automobile along the many scenic by-ways in the county. Ask our Innkeeper for directions to some of the more scenic opportunities.
- Fly-fish the great pristine trout rivers in the county. Guided trips can be put together to make your fly-fishing day a success on Knapps Creek, and the Elk, Shavers Fork of the Cheat, Tygart, and (VA) Jackson Rivers. Or if you prefer solitude, we can direct you to travel to the best rivers near the farm. If you would like, there is also great smallmouth bass fishing just minutes from the farm on the famed Greenbrier River.
- Golf at the Raven Golf Course at Snowshoe Mountain. Raven is rated as one of the top courses in the east by “Golf Magazine” and is only a short 30 minute drive from the farm.
- Travel to the many historic and scientific tourist attractions about the area for a joyful day of learning and adventure for you and your family.
- Explore the small town of Marlinton.
We have many brochures and maps available at Mountain Quest to help guide you.